Friday, October 22, 2010

Well hello Mr. Murphy, please don't let the door hit you in the keester on your way out!

Shortly after awaking this morning I thought to myself "Lu!  The Man's snoring sounds a lot like thunder this morning!"  And damned if it doesn't also sound JUST like rain!

I had to rush to get the kids to school before the rain started in earnest, and put my plans to go for a nice long morning walk with The Man back on the To Do list.  I let The Man sleep in, because I'm an angel of a wife like that!  I sat down to catch up on e-mail only to find that my brilliant plan of saving money by reducing our data package on his phone wasn't so brilliant after all because he was close to his limit!  I was laughing with a friend on chat about what an ironic morning it was when - BOOM - I have no internet!

Most days this would not be an issue (well it would, but the whiny kind not the I'm going to get fired kind) but I was supposed to be working from home today and I have some mandatory testing that had to be done this evening.  Panic struck and I became an idiot.  I couldn't think straight past knowing my modem was dead, it was receiving no power.  Its funny looking back, but in those few minutes I couldn't think of how I was going to be able to do the work tonight. I talked to my internet provider and a new modem is on the way and once I gained my senses I realized I could go into the office and pick up a portable wireless card.

The Man went with me to the office and we stopped at Olive Garden for the soup and salad.  We both love it and its actually reasonably priced.  Did I mention I wore a white shirt?  Or that I ordered a tomato based soup? The silver lining to that story is the shirt has become really too big and I had no business wearing it anyway!

My normal reaction when life throws stessors like this is to eat.  Its something good that I can control.  I'll be straight up honest and say I looked at each and every item on the menu and really struggled with not ordering a cheese filled pasta dish! If I'd been by myself I'm afraid I would have, then followed it with a slice of pumpkin cheesecake.  I'm so thankful The Man is also trying to shed a few XLs and made the right choice, so I was guilted into following suit.  I've never been so thankful to feel guilty!

When I logged my food after lunch I realized I'd had more calories than I'd imagined, but I know I made much better choices than I could have.  Did you know that one helping of their salad has 1,990mg of salt??  Yikes!  I better go get another glass of water!

What does stress drive you to do?

2 comments:

  1. Lots of sodium there, very scary!!!! I too am an emotional or stress eater. I've been working super hard on it and it gets easier the more you are aware. Good job making better choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging Lu! I saw your comment at Lyn's blog and popped over here.

    Man that is a heck of a lot of sodium! Flush the evil with extra water today and hopefully it will go away.

    ReplyDelete