Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its all in the planning

My weight loss has been studdering lately. I know all the reasons why. Partly its water weight, partly is a change in exercise routine. Mostly though, it's a complete lack of planning. When I first started this plan I thought out my week, even if I didn't write it all down. I prepared 90% of my meals (which of course means my I requested what I needed and my great husband cooked it). I've lost close to 40 pounds, I'm in clothes I haven't worn in years, I'm hearing compliments often and I've become complacent. This is not where I want to be. I have another 70 pounds to shed and I'm not going to get there in this mode!

I'm having trouble lighting the fire! I've been roped into going camping with my daughters girl scout troop this weekend. I was a girl scout, I excelled at camping and all things out of door. And then I grew up and found out there were such there were such things as hotels with super soft beds and MAIDS and buffet breakfasts! Camping was suddenly not appealing at all. Especially in Texas! Yet here I am, on the eve of a camping adventure wondering how I got here. And stressing more about being fat and out of shape and less about bug bites or sleeping on rocks. I'm stressing about how I'm going to get my work out in and do laundry and pack all in the 2 hours I have available tonight. I was so panicked about my schedule being off it took me two days to realize I could just get up in the morning and do my 30 minute run.

It's time to re-focus. I know I'll have some quiet time this weekend and I'm prepared to work out a good menu plan for the month. I'll go shopping Sunday evening regardless of how tired I may think I am. I'm much more tired of being fat than I am from a weekend away! I have to remember that taking the time to plan, is time well spent! Do you plan out your week or month? Do you log your food and exercise?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    To answer your question, we all have times when the fire dies down and then we have times when we're running at full flame.

    I don't have an answer on how to keep that fire going. It just seems to sustain when I keep seeing progress in some form.

    I have went with tracking my foods, all out, and not tracking my foods. I'm not tracking now and losing so I'm going to stick with it. I hate being obsessed about the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    Nice to meet you!
    I was tired of being heavy too!
    Look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed, that is a great way to describe me! The numbers on the scale, the numbers of the stats from exercise, the numbers in my food journal. I could do a whole post on that!

    Thanks Anne! I'm glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete