Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here we go again...

I feel like this is my 5 millionth attempt at losing weight. The reality is I wouldn't want to have to try and quantify it even if I could. It's my second attempt to document the process through a blog. In 2009 my husband wanted us to start blogging together. It went well for about a week and suddenly his posts stopped. I enjoyed blogging but as the year went on my determination fell by the wayside, and in a moment of frustration I deleted the blog. I wonder if a part of me thought that meant that the weight that was creeping up the scale instead of down wasn't real?

At the beginning of 2010 I talked 4 friends into joining the journey again. We tried to start a blog as a means of motivating each other and keeping each other accountable. As we all know, its not as easy as just coming up with a bright idea. I don't think any of us lost much weight to speak of in the first 4 months. I'm fairly certain I gained 10 pounds. In late April a friend of mine suggested I read the Belly Fat Cure. Its nothing revolutionary, nothing I hadn't read before, but something inspired me and it started me on a new path. I don't follow that plan now, I'm more just watching my carb intake by keeping sugar and white flour to a bare minimum. And I'm exercising. I'm almost 40 years old and for the first time in my life I'm really enjoying exercise. I started C25K and finished week 2 today. I still have many pounds and many miles to go on this journey, but for the first time in a very long time I'm excited to see where the road is leading!

No comments:

Post a Comment