Monday, November 8, 2010

Living Purposefully

First off, I had a great loss of 3.4 for last Wednesday.  That was a nice little surprise!!

I was hit hard last week by allergies.  I didn’t feel sick as much as I had absolutely zero energy.  I just could not seem to get enough sleep.  I was also hungrier than I’ve been in months, like stomach rumbling hungry not just mental I think I want to eat hungry.  So no energy to exercise and extra hungry – I’m a little worried to weigh this week!

One of the reasons I decided to start blogging about this journey is I really wanted to focus on the struggles.  I don’t want to ever have to fight this battle again.  I’ve done the yo-yo thing for my entire adult life, it HAS to stop.  I think the fact that I have been able to lose significant chunks of weight several times keeps me from being alarmed when I see the scale start creeping up.  I think to myself “I’ll start really watching when I hit XXX pounds”.  Then “I’ll just never get back over 200”.  Yet I do, and before I know it I’m well over 200 and the total loss needed becomes overwhelming and I just never start. 

I reflected a lot this week on how I got to where I am in life right now.  I know I gained this weight because I let work stress consume me to the point where I was eating as a coping mechanism.  I also feel other areas of my life are out of control.  I used to be a very organized person but as life has become more and more hectic I’ve just become reactionary.  Its only adding to the stress I feel which is totally unhealthy! I think the chaos is affecting my overall mental and general health.  I’m not exactly sure how to get a handle on it though!  My natural instinct is to just retreat into myself, but that causes me to move less and eat more and that isn’t the life I want to lead any longer. 

I think I need to just start slowly bringing order and routine to the house, not only training myself over but The Husband and the kids.  I want 2011 to be a new year of fully living life the way WE want to live rather than just getting by with what we have been thrown.

How do you juggle all the balls we call life?  Do you have any organization or routines that work really well for your family? 

No comments:

Post a Comment